Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by Hunterapp

More like a 7.62 x 39 necked down and slightly blown out to a slightly longer 6.5 cal w a SR primer.

Yes, it is the 7.62x39 necked down and "improved" with a small primer. The case is not longer.

The Grendel came from the PPC cases, which came from the 220 Russian, which came from the 7.62x39. One can easily make Grendel brass from 7.62x39.

Not true Grendel cases which use a small rifle primer vs the large rifle primer of the 7.62. I built my first AR Grendel 6-7 years ago when brass and loaded ammo was hard to come by and very expensive. I did find a good deal on some IMI (Israeli Military Industries) 7.62x39 brass which has all been resized to Grendel. I simply load with about a 10% reduced charge and shoot in my AR. The unfired cartridges feed through the semi auto action fine, and while accuracy is not gilt edge, is fine for fun shooting, and I get fire formed brass out of the deal. I acutally at the time bought 2000 cases for what 2 to 300 Lapua cases would have cost. I did get some of the Lapua Grendel cases and am thinking it will be interesting to see how identical loads in both cases will compare, large rifle primer vs small rifle primers.