This thread has been resurrected.

I have had two "best quality" synthetic stocked rifled. They were an Echols Legend M70 and a Joe Smithson small ring Mauser. Both were as perfectly finished as one their wood stocked rifles. Both had complete metal jobs by the maker. Both were very expensive and worth it. Both have stocks designed by the makers.

Sadly, for me, I want a M700 with that level of fit and finish. Tim Cronin did one and his work was first rate. There are lots of guys who can do a perfect bedding job but few that do the same level of fit and finish on the exterior.

Gradous can build a very accurate rifle but the exterior is pretty much McM out of the mold. Same with the McWhorter rifles I have seen. I want Rolls Royce quality inside and outside. That includes good old fashioned rust bluing and CM steel. Heck, I may get a small amount of engraving on the screw heads.

John Bolliger Jr. is doing some synthetic stocks and I am going to check those out. I suspect they are very nice.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.