Terrific video!

As whether that sound will work on the various North American critters mentioned, the answer is YES.

I've called several N. American species with a sound that is virtually identical.

With a tiny reed from a rubber squeeze toy (old style easier to detach) that sounded the same as this sound to my ear, I called coyotes and fox.

The Fox Whistle sound is virtually identical to several calls I've made, and to a sound I make with my voice and lips alone. That high pitched sound has called black bears (too close!), coyotes inside of 18 inches, bobcats, grey fox to within 12 inches, red fox, and assorted birds and rodents plus some I've likely forgotten. I have every confidence that it would call lynx, cougar, grizzly and wolves as well, though for some of those I like a louder sound unless I know one is near. I suspect if it can be blown right, it would call deer and moose.

I would target bobcats in close thicket cover with this call, and foxes, especially grey fox. For coyotes and bigger stuff, if I had another call with me, I'd probably use this one as a coaxer unless the critter was close, and then I'd use this little high pitched sound alone and play it softly.

Great little call.