Ok, so I've been agonizing over a barrel choice for the last two weeks...I am building a 25-284 on a m70 SA. I'll probably be putting it in a Micky edge. I'm not going for the lightest of sheep rifles but I don't want really heavy rig either. I think s little heavier rifle shoots better...I know that I don't want to go any bigger than a "typical" #5 contour...this will be a 24" tube

So I've found a lot of pictures on the rifle blue print thread from here and other forums, along with a google search...

I had planned on either a bartlien #3 but reading through older posts and guys wishing they had gone with a 2b instead....I like the look of a rock #3 which is really close to the 2b... I am not opposed to a #4 contour but I'm just concerned it's going to be too heavy on the front. Anyways this is the dilemma I'm dealing with...

So what I couldn't find too much of and was hoping someone could post some pictures of was a Lilja #3 contour. Looks to me like it will be a bit thinner just in front of the shank (vs a 2b or Rock 3) and tapper the way I would like. I just wanted to see what it looked like before I ordered something.

Thanks all don't be shy to give me your opinion and help end the misery

If at first you don't succeed; shoot, shoot again