Originally Posted by fourbore
It is not really possible to get a stock set up for both iron sights and a scope. Its an either or situation. Shooting both will be a compromise and MRC may have made the call that 99% of customers will be running with a scope. I can see just at a glance your problem with the stock. You have have to share some responsibility for that choice.

You might want to discuss with MRC and they may now or future decide to include an option for a stock (No Monty) optimum for irons. That might suit customers like yourself better as you can only go so low, but; often the head can be tweaked back and up a bit and line up higher. Less chance of eye brow damage with a longer eye relief. In this case the compromise is a different hold with different sighting. Best case is too shoot same way all the time.

Then some modern shooters like to choke up on the scope. You see all the rear extended mounts on the No1? I prefer eye relief on my 450/400 No1.

What about raising the rear base and front sight post just a bit? As long as the objective of the scope clears the rear sight, you normally won't notice either in the glass except on a very low-x setting, and then it's easy enough to ignore. Depending on the shape of one's face in relation to the comb, it might not take that much elevation to make them usable. Just a thought.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown