Me and the boys will be hunting the same little VA farm as last year. The good news is it's currently planted in soybeans. Hopefully, they'll still be standing when ML season comes around in early November. There's not a lot of woods, but on the back side there's a couple of nice meadows the deer seem to favor early and late. The longest shot from my stand is 158 yards, well within range of my inline, but two of the three deer I took there last year were at 40 and 20 yards, easy shots for my "new" .54 Renegade, even with RBs, if that turns out to be my boolit of choice. Got a REAL mold for it too. Gotta get over to Back Creek for some Old Eynsford before it's all gone.

In VA, the ML season effectively IS the rifle season now, and last year anyway, the rut was on so I got to see some interesting "chase scenes". A basic deer license allows you to shoot 5 or 6 deer depending on the area, two of them bucks and they don't care which season you take them in, excepting for the Earn-a-Buck areas that make you kill a doe before you shoot your second buck. I didn't plan well last year and had to let the biggest buck I saw all season walk as a result.

What fresh Hell is this?