Originally Posted by colodog
A Bushnell Trophy 4-12 AO is the scope that finally puked but I can't fuss too much as It's lasted for many tins of pellets.

I was planning to swap to an SWFA but this rifle has integral scope base/rings and 30mm base are not available so It'll have to stay 1".

I've put an Ultradot 1" on it for now but will likely install a Hawke Airmax 4-12x40AO . I like to have some holdover dots.

Pappy, Are you getting more used to the weight of the 54? They're a Great springer!

I limit myself to 5 or so offhand shots at a time. The rifle sits on a table in the basement, so all I have to do is pick it up, load it, and let fly at the trap. For accuracy testing or more shots, I have a dandy tripod cradle that I put on top of a chest freezer at the firing line. Next up is building a putty block trap for use outdoors. The steel trap is pretty noisy, as is the 54. Since the front sight slides on a ramp, I should be able to go from the 10 yard basement sight setting to whatever range I pick outside by moving it down. The rear sight is an old Redfield peep that fits the dovetail.

I'm thinking about a PCP myself, due to the springer's limitations for field use (mostly noise) and for the convenience.

What fresh Hell is this?