Originally Posted by Etoh
yes the reticle is reversed from the 1x6

different purpose in the 1x6 and 1x8 , while both are BDC reticles the horizontal bars in the 1x8 are for windage, and the 1x6 for distance approximations
yes there are a lot of shooters that believe the collapsible stock must be extended to work correctly. lack of knowledge of its many uses is void of merit.

Yes, the reticle is opposite of the 1-6x because, as you said, that one is a BDC and range-estimation reticle. I've never really understood why you would want to estimate range and not have a way to hold wind unless you intend to engage with an indirect fire weapon and just need to know about how far something is. I've already figured out how to range estimate with the 1-8x reticle though so I've gained the advantage of a "Christmas Tree" style reticle and still have a range estimating capability.

I understand lots of guys use collapsible stocks for any number of purposes; doesn't mean they are correct or even good ideas I collapse them for cased transport, when I jump a rifle from an aircraft, if I have to fix a gross malfunction and need to slam the butt on the ground, and I collapse them a touch when I'm shooting in armor but only enough to allow for a small correction in LOP that keeps all things the same (i.e. relation of scope position to LOP for proper eye-relief) when accounting for the thickness of my armor. The only time I have ever put the stock on my chest that I can think of is when putting the muzzle against the ground and buttstock in my chest so that I could get two hands on the charging handle in order to clear a malfunction. That said, collapse them for whatever you may feel you need it collapsed for and I'll keep shooting the way I know to be right.