Actually, they aren't bad at all...from field positions. I do little to no bench shooting anymore as I've gone to open sights. Even with the thin comb they really don't clobber you at all and (with my face, anyway) line up quite well with the express sights. Obviously, you want to make sure it's in your shoulder properly or you'll notice! laugh

My buddy and I have fired both handloads and the Superformance 270 grainers which are pretty dang hot. Matter of fact, my buddy got his first and I remember thinking 'why in gods name would you want a 20" .375--it's gonna be brutal on recoil and muzzle blast--nope, I shot his and had to go get my own! Mine weighs 7 lbs 6 oz in the boat paddle.

I was able to find two boat paddles in the mag contour so it was a straight drop in. I also bought a regular LA stock that I'll open up for my African.

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...