I posted something similar in Deer Hunting. However, I figure y'all might be interested in gnawing on this as well:

From the Ohio Hunting Regulations Webpage, new this year, the requirements for what constitutes a legal whitetail deer rifle:

Straight-walled cartridge rifles in the following calibers: New this year! All straight-walled cartridge calibers from a minimum of .357 to a maximum of .50. Shotguns and straight-walled cartridge rifles can be loaded with no more than three shells in the chamber and magazine combined.

Given those specs, what would you envision as the ultimate Ohio deer rifle?

Mind you, I'm not looking for anything except good conversation. I moved all my hunting 10 miles south of the Ohio River into Kentucky. I'm perfectly happy with my collection of 30-06's and 308's. However, my first 20 seasons were spent in Ohio lobbing 12 GA Remmie Sluggers at the little boogers.

Bonus Question: Indiana had its 35 Hoosier, developed during that state's flirt with Pistol Cailiber Rifles. Given the current regs and your own wildcatting imagination, spitball the 35 Buckeye.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer