Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
The article says 40 or 45 thousandths, is one better than the other?

Depends on how light you want to go. Some of those guys over on my site think every rifle needs a sub one-pound for some reason - like a lighter trigger is going to magically make up for their lack of proper marksmanship skills.

Here's what I've found with my own experience:

1 Screw Triggers - Can usually get down to around 3.5-4 pounds safely by just adjusting the tension screw on the side that holds the wire. Changing the wire to the 0.040" will let you drop it down to around 1.5-2 pounds.
3 Screw Triggers - these you can usually get down to around 2.5-3 pounds safely as delivered, and down to a pound or less with the wire swap.

It can and will vary of course from rifle to rifle depending on when it was made and tolerances in the parts. The older 110's (mid 1970's and earlier) seemed to be held to much better tolerances than those made later on.

As for aftermarket triggers, I have always preferred the shape and feel of the Sharp Shooter Trigger, but talking with Fred a few weeks ago it sounds like the batch he's currently working on for a Brownells order will be his last run as the demand for them isn't there anymore and he doesn't have the time to do them and still keep up with all the gunsmithing work and stock orders. I've used the Rifle Basix Sav1 and Timney triggers in different rifles and can't complain about either product. Others have reported that the RB Sav2 can be very finicky if you're trying to go really low, but I've never used one myself.

As long as there's still lead in the air, there's still hope!