mudhen -

THANKS for your personal involvement and input. It has weight as far as I'm concerned.

I'm very pleased that you are still able to hunt 'wilderness' -- foot only -- areas AND there are others older than can as well.
I'm 67 but have 1 issue that prevents me from '-extended-' physical strain. I don't hunt from a vehicle. I don't unload my 4 wheeler TILL I need to recover game. I hunt ON FOOT not using stands BUT that is a WHOLE different thing from PACKING in equipment and then PACKING out game. THOSE are all together different parameters.

Being an outdoorsman, hunter, shooter, GUN FREAK, etc. I support everything that allows and encourages more people to USE the National Forests, and all lands open to the PUBLIC. ALSO even tho it doesn't affect me personally, it DOES affect many hunters who WOULD use BLM lands that are LANDLOCKED !! That irritates me to no end.

SOooo, I'm naturally apprehensive, wary, suspicious, etc. about "Wilderness" designations that sound good on the surface but have so many limitations to those who would take advantage of opportunities.

I can't find a place to quit... but I think you understand where I'm coming from. (grammar not withstanding)

Thank You Again

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!