This happened to me.
Evidently this is nothing new. It happened to me in 1989.
I was hitting the Mazatlan beach bars with a buddy after climbing the volcanos, we both got way more drunk than normal after only a couple of drinks.
The next day we both had only flashes of memories from the night before - climbed the fire escape to the roof of the Holiday Inn, my buddy said he recalled paying off the bartender at one of the bars just to get us out of some trouble we had gotten in there (I have no recollection of that).
We woke up the next morning in our room, both wearing soaking wet clothes, tons of sand in our beds, ... motel room door wide open!
We still had all of our money, credit cards, valuables. Nothing was missing.
For a long time we thought someone had slipped us a mickey then failed to rob us but after reading this I believe it was some type of toxin in the alcohol.

The one thing I have a question about in this girls story is the .25 BAC. That's pretty high. Seems to me there is no way to boost that with stronger hooch - I think the person has to have had more than the couple of drinks reported. I do believe that booze there is more than just alcohol - quite possibly a toxin.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/2...us-death-at-mexican-resort-dad-says.html