Originally Posted by brayhaven
As a lifelong fly fisherman and former Orvis store owner, I'm picky about fly reels, even though on a 4 wt, it's most there to store your line. Last yr when I went looking for one to match a ross pack rod, in 4 wt, I ran across the ubiquitous chinese cheapos. I figured what the heck and bought a couple. And they aren't bad. The piscifun "Blaze" at @<50 bucks on Amazon is as good as some 200$ reels I've seen.. I just replaced a Hardy LRH with one. Unless you're a brand snob, I would check them out.

I'm curious about replacing a Hardy with a Piscifun? Lighter? Smoother? Better function? Don't have to worry about something happening to the pricier Hardy?
For spinning reels I have always preferred the Mitchells... the 308s have been a favorite of mine since the late '60s but this spring I bought a few Pflueger President spinning reels and they are so much smoother and the drags are much better so they have become my go-to jigging reels. Next I need to buy one of the largest size to try on a surf-rod for catfish. May retire my Mitchells all together. Switching to chinese made reels... who would have thought?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla