[/quote]About 5 years ago I had some bad Remington primers that had damaged the face of 3 bolts. I contacted Remington and told them, which they instructed me to pour all the primers into a glass jar of oil, photograph them, then send the photo to them and they would pay for the repairs and replace the primers.
Never touch primers or get them wet with water or oil is what I was always told.
Below is a portion of I post I made about my experience.

[quoteMy bolts that were damaged by some bad Remington 7 1/2 primers are at Gre'-Tan's being fixed. Today I received a check from Remington for the total amount of the repairs by Gre'-Tan plus the shipping cost. Also, they are drop shipping a case of primers to me to replace the bad ones that I destroyed.

My faith in Remingtons Customer Service is restored and a big thank you to a Mrs/Miss Sandra Strickland for all of her kind help and keeping me informed. I plan on posting this on all of the forums I belong to. Maybe some of you can do the same.

On a side note: I soaked the primers in Quaker State oil for over a week. More like 2 weeks. When burning some trash in my burn barrel I dumped the jar of oil and primers in also. Guess what.............ever darn one of those 6000 plus primers detonated. crazy I didn't think they would.]