Experimenting with a 6.5-284, I found that a powder with a sharper pressure curve tended to have more discreet accuracy nodes than a flatter pressure curve powder. Sorta makes sense.

My examples were Vihtavuori N-165 vs. RL-17. N-165 topped out with 140 VLD's at 2,950, was slight more accurate at specific nodes. RL-17 was consistently accurate thru a range of loads, didn't seem to have accuracy nodes like n-165. RL-17 out ran 165, beating it by around 100 fps, even more, but accuracy started dropping off much above 3,050 fps. I finally ended up with 48 gr. at around 3K. At 3,100 fps, groups were over an inch, like 1.5" in a half inch gun, but no pressure signs. I've read that when you do see pressure signs with RL-17, you're WAY over SAAMI limiits... shocked

I'm thinking RL-16 may be similar to RL-17 regarding pressure curves, H-4350 more like n-165. I have no data to demonstrate that, just a hunch. Some of the newer, high performance powders tend to have flatter pressure curves, like IMR-4007, H100V, etc., older powders, sharper pressure curves.

Would like input on this observation.

DF