Originally Posted by olgrouser
What it does?

It leaves me perpetually broke because of vet bills, dog feed and purchases in search of the Holy Grail.

My wife asked me the other day why I bought yet another shotgun? I answered, "it's perfect birdgun!" whilst walking in the house with a LNIB 1968 20 gauge Superposed under my arms. [I didn't bother to mention it cost me less than her last automobile accident. ;)]

Most of the time I shoot holes in the air but once in a blue moon when all my aging synapses function and fire just perfectly I managed to knock over a mature drummer who tries to fly his practiced "S" pattern down a overgrown logging road. Then I make my way back to the old pickup truck at the end of the lane with my head held high knowing that for a moment I walk among the immortals and demigods with my prize heavy in my game-vest.

And then of course theere is a reality check and the dog demands to know why we are stopping to commemorate the moment with photos:

[Linked Image]

Your Springer is wondering WTH you're stopping to shoot him! Heck, Dad, there's birds everywhere, and you're fooling with a nasty smelling clicker thingy. Dogs know...we don't have a clue.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”