See, the thing is the only reason one would have for slinging long heavy bullets out of a .250 would be for really long range shooting and/or deep penetration. Advances in bullet technology for lighter bullets make that a moot point. On top of that, though, I find some humor in watching guys trying to make .250's into something they aren't. If I wanted extra performance above and beyond high velocity 87 grain loads, I would go to a .257 Roberts or .25-06 anyway.

If 3" groups are the norm with a rifle/load combo, what is the accuracy at 200, 300, or 400 yards where the advantages of long heavy bullets come into play? Extrapolating 6", 9",and 12" groups don't exactly inspire confidence. And as those bullets shed velocity they become less stable to boot.

Don't get me wrong, if I had a pile of 117 gr. .25 bullets and nothing better to do with them, and I wanted to waste some time in a fun way, I would shoot them up. But I would know I wouldn't be cheating the laws of physics in any significant way.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty