Originally Posted by efw
LBK I'd LOVE for my wife to hunt with me. I also really love this annual thread and seeing what a beautiful place the island is. Really happy to hear you were both successful again.

I apologize for the lack of a post last year. The last two years have been tough ones. 2 years ago it was severe flooding for the most part. Last year things were better, but my wife and I only filled one tag each. She only had a decent chance at the one deer she killed. I got an easy 6 pointer with my deceased father's Remington model 740 semi-auto in 30-06. That rifle got passed down to my son and my father never killed anything with it. My wife killed her bull moose with it in 1992 and my son insisted I kill something with it before I give it to him. So I did and he is happy. I missed TOW VERY easy shots with my Savage 1899B in 25-25 and it was my own darn fault. Over zealous and over confidence were the two contributing factors. Sad to see all the pictures are gone. I really don't know if I am up to the task of posting photos using the photo gallery. It seems VERY tome consuming. Thanks all for the kind words over the years.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5