Well, at age 60, the guys in my crew finally convinced me to get my pistol permit. I have generally been a supporter of sensible gun laws, even here in NY, so I went through the permit process, background checks, character references, waiting period, and finally yesterday I went to pick up my reserved pistol at the local Dicks.

Happily, I went to the checkout with my permit, my brand new pistol, case, and a couple boxes of ammo. I set everything down and had pulled out my American express when the girl at the counter said, “strip down, front facing that way”, pointing off to my left. Well, she must have noticed the shock and hesitation on my face, but still had this awful look of impatience on her face. So, I turned left and started to undo my pants when she picked up the phone and called for the manager. “Good”, I thought, I have a few things to say to him myself!

Turns out he was a reasonable fellow, and de-escalated the tensions pretty quickly, by explaining that the girl was directing me how to insert my credit card… Long story longer, I thought we could use a little de-escalation of tensions ourselves.

wink laugh

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG