I thought age was supposed to bring wisdom?

I swore after last year I'd never do another Marathon meat run to Chitina, told the Mrs. I'm too old, it hurts too bad and I need my sleep. From now on I'm taking 3-4 days to get reds and sleep.

Who decides on Monday afternoon to throw his dip nets and coolers in the truck and go? Some azz hole, that's caused me more trouble than anyone I've ever met

So outa town a lil after 6 Hit obrien creek at 12:30. Slept in truck for 3 hours till I woke up shivering like a dog chittin peach seeds

Where's my clothes? Dug out some layers and tossed and turned for another hour or so.

Thank god for f&g fishery was closed till noon on Tuesday. So I got up and made some coffee ate some cereal and got my gear ready

River had dropped had to help Sam get his boat back in the water

Loaded up at 11, dropped off on Alcatraz by 11:30 yep just a rock in the middle of the copper with water flowing fast on all 4 sides, but a really good back eddy

Fished for 4 hours netted 35 fish, all reds

That's almost 9 fish per hour , so on average I was netting, clubbing, clipping fins & gills, then stringing a fish every 6 minutes.

When I got 25 I took a short break to eat some sandwich & chips

After I got 35 I quit, cleaned up my rock, got gear ready for pickup and sat back and glassed for a bit

Left Chitina at 7:30 ish and almost made it to Donnelly dome, had to pull over and sleep about 10:30 pm. Sos woke up at 2:15 coooolllddd. But there weren't other folks around so fired up my rig and turned the heater on. Got home at 4:30 this morning

I feel like I've been beat up

One of the bright spots of the trip on way back just past the gulkana river there's a raft rental place. Guy must be a yuge Trump fan, MAGA stickers all over his sign

I gotta go to work

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.