Slowmobiles are not what most people think. Most are best on trails. They can get stuck easy in snow if you don't know what you are doing. In order to ride deep snow you typically have to keep moving. Go to slow they will get stuck. They are not fun when stuck.

You have powder machines like Polaris RMK. Long track and pattles. Trails, frozen lakes, or pavement can be hard on pattles. They work by turn fast and keeping the track spinning.

Go on some of the trapper or alaska forums, and read about sled if you want to hunt.

I went with a wide track scandic, they also make a super wide. The wide tracks cango slow, since they are floating on top of the slow. Ski Doo seems to make more of these with the skandic, tundra and extreme.

I think they should market the utiity sleds better. To me they are like a 4 wheeler and for adventure. But they got an old man rep. People think you are going ice fishing. Not all utiity sleds are for deep snow off trail. Many are just small motors, usually cheaper, and don't have the big tracks needed for off trail.

The skandic can pull sleds. People use them for hauling firewood. The old ones had small engines, but might be good for your needs.

Snowmobiles are not what most people think they are. Can be damn near heart attacking gettting one of those bastards unstuck. They are more trail machines. Trails can be awful if you get lots of riders. Some guys have gone for what they call boondocking now. Which is off trail. I love it. logging roads or just through the woods. Snow is smoothing. Here it a few feet an deep enough to get you over many obstacles.

Snowmobiles are fun, but if you think you are going to buy an old cheap one and go in deep snow you are mistaken, without a learning curve. Also depends on the snow you get. I am deep snow country.. 3-4 feet. Even low snow areas gets drifts, and you would be surprised how easy they get stuck.

Either way, I am enjoying my skandic, its like snowshowing without the exercise.