I have one in .22 WMR and it has become my go-to for "walking varmint hunting" here in CA. In my region we have to use non-lead ammo even for ground squirrels, and it took a little fussing to get the rifle to shoot that to POA. But no big hassle, partly because I've found the non-lead ammo isn't very lethal at longer ranges than about 80-100 yds. Ground squirrels are tough little critters and I don't like to see them go into their holes after being shot. Jackrabbits it kills dead-dead at almost any range. I killed one coyote with it but that was probably just luck, and took two shots with the non-lead bullets.

So I limit my shots to about 50-75 yards, which means hunting in areas that have some cover, spotting a squirrel, sitting down and waiting for him to present a good target (actually I prefer this style of hunting to just sitting 200-250 yards away from a colony and shooting them when they pop up). If you're allowed to use normal ammo and try what's out there in your rifle, you could shoot at somewhat longer ranges. Mine shoots "minute of squirrel" (1") at 50 yards with the nonlead, so that's good enough. (Not sure what accuracy you are looking for...).

If you put a scope on yours, I'd suggest the Medium rings. I originally tried Low rings and couldn't comfortably cock the hammer under the bell of my Nikon 4X. A bigger scope would have been impossible.

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong