RE: Salmon

I agree with MikeL when preparing a large filet of Alaskan Wild or Lake Superior Salmon or Lake Trout. Grilling adds great flavor. I like to pat dry the filet, apply a thin coat of olive oil on both sides of the filet. I will shake on a good quality Smoked Paprika, bit of salt and pepper and serve with lemon wedges.

The other seasoning I like is a butter, dill & lemon basted onto the flesh side. I do not season the skin side, but like MikeL, I first grill flesh side down, then finish to flaky perfection on the skin side down with the cover down adding more of that gill flavor.

I like to serve with white and real Minnesota Wild rice (Uncle Bens is good, but I make my own rice medley with onions & cranberries) & grilled green beans, asparagus, Or summer squash & zucchini & tomatoe (halved or quartered), rolls/bread and maybe a salad (a good time to try some of those salad dressings in a previous post)!

I have had good success with broiling if a grill is not available.

The poached recipe sounds great, may try that too.

FishingHank has a good one too - maybe serve with yams or sweet potatoe with some of that sauce.

I have yet to try grilling on a cedar plank, but have heard the cedar lends a good flavor as well.