My advice would be to get a real battery and forget the charging stuff. Based on 10 years of personal experience there is only one real battery - the Odyssey battery. The Odyssey battery in my 4 wheeler is 10 years old and my wheeler sits for 5 months over the winter without starting. Pull it out in the spring and it has plenty of cranking power to bring the wheeler back to life. The two batteries in my diesel truck are Odyssey and they're 9 years old. My truck can sit for a month at a time in the winter during below freezing temperatures and I've never had a problem. One time it had been sitting for 3 weeks in January and because of an emergency I had to start it at minus 15 below zero. No problems. Another feature of the Odyssey battery is they are totally sealed. A lot of batteries say they're sealed, but they're not if you can't run them inverted.. No problem running an Odyssey batter inverted. The advantage of totally sealed is no off-gassing that will corrode battery terminals and battery trays. You can find an Odyssey battery for your application on Amazon, Ebay or West Coast Batteries. Odyssey batteries are more expensive up front, but much much cheaper in the long run.

Click Here for West Coast Batteries

Last edited by walt501; 08/26/17.