Well my experience with the .270 is somewhat long but very thin. Got my first one in 1973 and tried 130 and 150 gr. bullets for Mule Deer and decided on the 150 gr. Sierra Game King with what was then milsurp 4831. No idea what the velocity was. Didn't even shoot the gun on game again until 2009 when I took it for an antelope hunt. I still used the 150 gr. GK and took a nice goat at 75 yards in New Mexico. Two years later I took it to New Mexico again as the back up rifle on an elk hunt. This time loaded with the 150 gr. Nosler Partition. Didn't have to use it.My load was Winchester brass and primer (standard) and the now long discontinued Winchester Magnum Rifle powder (WMR) I can use the Sierra GK or the Nosler PT using the same charge. Shooting three of each only enlarged the group by .50" so no change in sight in needed. Dunno why I just don't use it more as it's a good cartridge. I do much prefer using the .35 Whelen for elk though. Smacks 'em down right nice like.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE