I have 3 of the Rugers. I bought one of the 223 Compacts as soon as they came out. The magazine that came with the rifle wouldn't feed the last round. It didn't matter if you loaded 5 or 1, they would all feed but the last one. Ruger replaced it and I've not had a problem with any of them since. I'll be honest, just looking at them does not inspire confidence, but I've had the 223 and a 308 Predator long enough with zero issues to trust it by now. With no ammo in the magazines there is some movement, but once loaded with ammo they lock solidly into place. I recently bought another Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor.

I have under $1000 in all 3 combined and they are the most accurate rifles in my safe. I can get standard Rugers for $320-$350 out the door. The Predators run $389 OTD.

I've looked at the Winchester. If I needed another rifle I'd be tempted. There are a lot of features that I like. The only real negative I've found is that it is a little heavier than it needs to be. Compared to the Tikka or Ruger about 3/4lb heavier.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.