There are two proven 30 cal "target" bullets made by Berger that work very well on big game. TheY are the 215 and 230 match target hybrids.

Broz (shortened last name) has a long thread on LRH documenting how well the 215s worked on elk, deer and antelope.
There are 23 kills documented with velocities, entrance and exit pictures
http://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/comparing-the-berger-210-vld-to-the-215-hybrid.88657/

I have several friends that use the 230 Berger match target hybrid and I have used it myself. Most use the 300 RUM, myself included, with velocities running from 2800 to 2900 fps. My friend Chase has shot quite a few animals with his 300 Rum with excellent results. (moose,deer, antelope, elk, Orx, and barbary sheep)

I dragged this from my documents. A guy went to Africa and used the 230s in his 300 RUM:

07-28-2014, 04:02 AM
RMHUNTER
Junior Member Join Date: Apr 2013

230gr berger used in Africa with success
Much debate has been done on using Berger’s 230gr hybrid target as a hunting bullet and being a person that likes trying new things I decided to use this bullet on my African plains game safari after all what better place to test a bullet. I loaded the 230 in my 300Rum with 85.5 gr of H1000 at 2830 fps. I chose the 230gr hybrid bullet because it shot so well in my rifle most of the time 3 shots in one hole so I had confidence in it. Next I like Berger’s performance on game and with this target bullet having .003 thicker jackets I was hoping on some extra penetration on Africa’s thicker skinned game. My first animal was a gemsbok (Oryx) the shot was 150yds broadside I hit dead on right in the middle of the shoulder. The gemsbok jumped ran 100yd and fell dead. Upon inspecting the gemsbok we found that the bullet busted the shoulder entered the ribs making a 2” entrance sending bone and bullet fragments through the lung totally destroying the lungs. I felt that this was a great success especially since so many people told me that a target bullet would just pencil through and my PH was amazed as well. Next animal was a blesbok. The shot was 200yd broadside through the ribs with a 1” entrance 2” exit dead on the spot 100% pleased. Next was my blue wildebeest. He was 175yd behind some thick brush he turned as I shot the bullet entered top of his left hip and headed through a very full stomach then through the liver and lastly demolishing the bottom half of both lungs. Bad shot on my part but the bullet made up for it in penetration remember also that a wildebeest hide is about a ¼ “ thick as well. Next was a huge zebra stallion 140yd ¼ toward me. The bullet hit just front of the shoulder he ran 50yd and fell. I was not around the skinning shed when they skinned the zebra but all the skinner said was “no lungs left not at all that’s one good bullet.” Next was a kudu at 150yd in tall cover I held high over the brush hit the spine sending bone fragment into the top lungs he fell in his tracks. Lastly was my wife’s huge blue wildebeest at 200yd ¼ toward the bullet hit in front of the shoulder wiped out lungs and liver he ran 30yd and fell. I know there were no long range shots here but I have used this bullet on an elk at 700yd with the same results. All animals were taken with one shot. In my conclusion this bullet is one of the best hunting bullets out there for high speed 30 cal like the 300RUM, 300Weatherby and the 30-378. This bullet showed excellent penetration (ie.the wildebeest) and showed excellent expansion on small animals (blesbok) and large (wildebeest, zebra).

I shot a cow elk at 250 yd with a high shoulder shot with the 230. Caliber entrance 2" exit. DRT instantly. I watched a friend shoot his cow elk at 300 yds with same bullet through both lungs. The cow stopped moving and a short time later she tipped over dead. His rifle was a 300 WSM with 230 @ 2735 fps.

I do agree with the other posters that the lighter weight 30 caliber Bergers might not be the best choice for the larger big game animals especially if they are close.