Originally Posted by erich
According to COW it is inline with the 32-40 power wise and would be a decent close in deer and hog round it takes a .318 Bullet and you can get them at Buffalo Arms, C&H has dies.. I shoot the 6.5x58R, same case as the 8x58R and even though it is a hassle to make cases it is one of my favorite coyote hunting rigs.

I think the platform it is in and what you want it for will really be the deciding factors of it's usefulness.

^^^^^^^^

What he said. It's a long version of the 8X57-360 and is not much of a cartridge in my estimation. It's neither fish, nor fowl. It would be OK for roebuck at medium to close ranges.

erich's sweet 6.5X58 is a good coyote round that kills them dead R T and doesn't damage pelts.

There are a fair number of drillings and small BBRs chambered for it, and the owners are usually looking for ammo and brass. IMO it should sell well. It is fun and mild to shoot and will flop a deer if used at reasonable ranges.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”