I didn't fish down there but you might contact by email a hotel on the waterfront of the Old Town near where I saw pangueros picking up and dropping off fishermen and ask them for a referral. It is the Hotel Los Arcos in Puerto Vallarta (google will find it), and their English is fine.

If your wife is along and actually likes Mexican culture instead of "mall culture," she will like Old Town, the part of town south of the river. The gringo-style malls are all at the "new" end of town. The harbor is in between the two, and that might be where the the party boats leave from. We saw both party charters and pangas fishing in the bay when we were walking on the seafront Malecon..

Good value now; the peso mexicano is in the toilet.... As far as I know, all you need to fish in Mexico is a fishing license. You might look at a website called (I think) www.discoverbaja.com. They have lots of info for gringo fishermen in Mexico on there.

Have a great time!

PS, if you fly, ignore all the "uniformed" shills in the airport terminal and just walk past them and get a cab from the cab rank in front of the airport. They will offer you all sorts of inducements to dump your hotel reservations and go to one of their timeshares. A huge waste of time, just keep walkin'! This is a notorious "feature" of Puerto Vallarta, look at any guidebook. Otherwise, it's a very nice place. Seafood!!!!!!!

Last edited by Mesa; 09/04/17.

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong