Was reading the thread about Leupold tracking and retention issues in the Optics forum and have to say that, while I still like their scopes overall I have certainly had issues with various versions of their basic Vari-X 3-9 scopes over the last 15 or more years - two or three going belly up which they do fix for free but a lot of them seem to track very intermittently. Go up 1" (4 clicks) and the first bullet hole stays where the others were, then the rest of the group prints 2" high and 1" off on windage, Move it back down 4 clicks and the group appears randomly somewhere else. Once sighted in they do tend to stay put, but then I don't mess with the zero much once it's set. OTOH, I have a 25+ year old fixed M8 12x and it is dead reliable for tracking. Btw, I do not crank down the ring screws farmer tight having learned the error of that some time ago.

But to the point of this thread, how do Burris scopes perform for tracking and overall reliability? I seem to recall that you always had good things to say about Burris scopes so I was looking at the basic Fullfield II 3-9x40 to mount on a new .308. They can be had for $165 on Amazon and that sure seems like a lot of scope for the money.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!