Originally Posted by BKinSD
PrairieDog, I think maybe you should share your road hunting spots with him. If you're going to encourage him to come out here on his own with no dogs, and expect to have the same success you enjoy after having put in all the time and the miles, the least you can do is give him the full benefit of all that experience. wink

I myself do not think a guy or guys, with no dogs, can come out here for the first time and expect to shoot five day possession limits of roosters, for free. Some will. Most don't.
Some guys shoot six point bulls every year. Most don't. Same general proposition. Can they still come out here and have a good time? Absolutely. Unquestionably. Its up to them.

For what its worth, the state finally today released the pheasant numbers for 2017. The counts are down statewide and the average is -65% below the 10 year average. Good luck men!

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^

For sure, PD should offer to guide him for a day, at the minimum. And then show us the pics to prove his "uber" pheasant hunting prowess and expertise. crazy

THANKS for keeping it Real World, BKinSD. cool

NRA Life Member
"Use Enough Gun"- Robert Ruark