got that 99f barreled action dumped on me off GB and am putting it back together. now bear with me as i am old and senile so i completely missed the fact that the "complete barreled action" ment the barrel was complete, but not necessarily the action as is the case. actually even the barrel is missing the front sight hence my confusion. by missing i mean not even d&ted for the ramp or anything.
it is as untouched on the muzzle end as a preachers daughter. ahem.. well anyway it is pristine without even a hint that a sight was ment to be there. now on the other end is the requisite sight boss of the F with the correct rear sight.
now Murray's says the late F's had a 22 inch lightweight barrel. check. its there. also boss with sight dovetail, check. its there.also folding leaf type sight, check. but no front sight, not even d&t'd? what am i missing, besides self control when it comes to buying project guns?
if they weren't going to put on a front sight why bother with the milling of the dovetail on the boss.
i should have this one shooting by friday but now i have to steal a scope off something else and scrounge up some redfield rings
bore is very crisp so hoping it shoots good.
next one is gonna be a 300.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~