Here's another soft lob question for which I admit I don't know the answer. In all of the literature with and about the Lee collet dies, it stresses using only brass that has been fired in my rifle. OK, I know the dimension factor of having cases fire formed to a specific chamber, but what about using new brass cases? I assume that they mean to say not to use cases fired in another rifle but the words apply equally to not using new brass but only fired cartridges. ??

I usually work up a new load with new brass, and have always run it through a sizer die just to make sure.

As an aside, I started reloading in 1976 using a Lee Loader for sizing and an Ohaus powder scale. That process produced the most accurate 30-06 ammunition I've ever fired, shooting 165 Sierra's into a 5/8 inch group all day long. Maybe I should use my old hammer-them-in Lee neck sizer instead of buying the collet die!

I merely hunt, but have enough shooting experience to demand 1 MOA for my hunting loads mainly because I shoot better when I know the rifle/scope/ammunition will go precisely where my human aim sends the bullet.

Last edited by Okanagan; 09/13/17. Reason: clarity