I don't have that exact scope, but I have the 3X12 with the #6. The #6 is fantastic in low light...it's even better if you get the lit one. If you plan to hunt right up until you cant see then I would highly suggest you go with the lit reticle. You can dial the brightness right down to almost nothing, so it wont hurt your low light adjusted eyes to look at. Just be sure and mark the knob where it is best for you by testing it in your back yard one evening. A red Sharpy works good.
I see some "tunneling" in mine on the lowest setting, if by tunneling you mean how the very outer edge is not in perfect focus. The scope has plenty of eye relief and I always set mine for the eye relief to be correct at the highest power which is where I do 99.9% of my shooting anyway. When the eye relief is set on the highest power then you will have the most change in eye relief going back to lowest power and you could notice this. I guess you could call that tunneling too. I have owned and hunted with them all and I will say this, the Zeiss Victory HT can only be outdone with full blown night vision, period, end of story. Only one other will hang in there with the Victory HT...Leica.