Originally Posted by gonehuntin
President Trump is about to pull a Ronald Reaganesque political stunt and give amnesty to 45 million illegals and then have the nerve to tell us that "I solved the problem!". At this point, he has become the ringleader of the denizens of the swamp. I feel like I pizzed my vote away on a New York snake.

President Reagan signed an amnesty for 2.7 million illegal immigrants, NOT 45 million!, and this is what happened...

Newt Gingrich:
In 1986 I voted for the Simpson-Mazzoli immigration bill because we were told it would solve the problem of massive illegal immigration. In his diaries, President Ronald Reagan said he was going to sign the bill because we had to regain control of our borders. The Simpson-Mazzoli bill contained three promises:
1. The government would make a concerted effort to control the borders.
2. An effective employer verification program would ensure that only legal workers were hired.
3. One-time amnesty would be granted for people illegally in the United States.

All three promises were broken.

The government has made no serious effort to control our borders. Employers continue knowingly to hire illegal immigrants without any real fear of punishment.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."