What an odd question. Hornady recommends them for large/dangerous game, and they have an SD of .281. They aren't going to bounce off. SST'S have a reputation for opening fast and making large wound channels. I'm sure that Hornady knows its bullets pretty well. A lot of guys talk about how frangible SST'S are, but in my experience, if you pick the proper SD version, they make exit holes just fine, and usually huge exit holes.

I worked up a load for a good friend for his 270 for deer and elk, and he settled on the 130 SST's. I got them going 3150 out of his rifle, with half-minute accuracy. He has killed several deer and elk with that load. Before that, he had only shot factory ammo, mostly federal, and mostly their premium line using Partitions, and he thinks that the 130 SST rounds are the best hunting rounds he's ever used for his rifle on his yearly deer and elk. I have to admit that I had my doubts, because I prefer a higher SD SST for elk than the .242 of the 130 .277", particularly at such a high muzzle velocity, but Hornady recommends them for large game, and the guy gives me another rave review after every hunting season.

I know that the 30 cal 180 SST loaded to just over 2700 CAN exit through the ribs on elk around 100 yds. I know that the 7mm 162 SST started at 3050 CAN exit elk at close range to about 450, from several different shot angles. I know the .338" 200 SST CAN exit elk on broadside shots through the ribs.

I can only imagine that the .338" 225 SST would be more of the same, but I happen to like SST performance on big game, and I advocate for their use. I've seen them do massive damage, and I've never seen them "fail" to put an animal down.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.