Nothing rare or collectable I found today but i have been looking around at pawn shops. I had a 336 marlin 30-30 24inch barrel half tube mag white line spacers on the buttpad and pistol grip when I was a teenager in the late 70,s growing up in maine. My searching has been for a win 94 in 32 special. But..... I just put 35 dollars down on a Marlin Glenfield model 36 sporting carbine 19.5 inch barrel and half tube mag in 30-30 4+1capacity ser# z233xx (1964). It struck my eye the right way and its balance and design felt right. Bore looked excellent and clean without yrs of crud probably 85- 90%. The crown is undamaged. The action is solid and crisp and smooth. The bluing on both sides of the receiver is probably 65% from carry wear, barrel bluing is around the same as is the lever. Biggest thing is no pitting on any of the metal or in the bore. Dark as a [bleep] azz black walnut wood with 3 small dents. The pawn shop was asking 200 for it . After some back and forth haggling I got it down to 140 (164 after tax and background). Put 35 down on it and got 4 payments of 32.25 and pick it up in January. Perfect project for that dead time when deer season ends and before turkey season begins. Gonna redo the wood , steam out those small dents and truoil the stock, completely tear the rifle down and get all metal ceracoated gun black, get a lyman 66 receiver sight or a lyman flip up rear (not a fan of ladder ramp rear sights), get a box of that hornady leverevolution ammo in 160gr and some other brands and see what it likes the most. Make it my crappy weather deer rifle for next yr , this year my crappy weather rifle is gonna be my AR with 62gr Barnes vortex. But this little carbine I ran across today for some reason really struck me as one I couldn't pass up (never seen one before today) and once I gave it a good examination I realized it had alot of potential and could be put back into excellent working order and condition and look really sharp once again . Needed a winter project anyways and this carbine fit the bill, I'm figuring with purchase and wood working and ceracoating it might be a total of around 275-300 into the gun when it is all done.

Last edited by renegade50; 09/19/17.