Couple of years ago, coming home from Quemado, I went up Highway 93 in Nevada until I hit US 50...

it was labeled in a magazine article some time ago, as the loneliest highway in America...
so of course I had to go and experience that....

I really enjoyed it...

but I stopped in this one town, east of Fernley by a 100 plus miles.. I went into this store
to grab something to munch on.. some grapes maybe some cheese, and get some ice tea...

ancient wood plank floors, no organization to their shelves.. evidence of add on, add on add on
over the years...

get to the back of the store and there is all of these prints, pics, posters etc of the Flying Tigers
from WW2... old stuff...

I asked one of the employees about what all the Flying Tiger Stuff was... she told me the guy who
opened the store after WW2, had been one of the Flying Tigers in China, a pilot...forget his name...

but I thought WOW this is cool to stumble along... because it was like being back in time..

on the way back to look at all the Flying Tiger Memorabilia I pass this real long counter with multiple shelves.

I had to do a double take, but here it is in the middle of the Obama years.. and these folks had about every
powder put out by every major company in the industry... along with pretty much the entire Hornady line of bullets
Sierra, Barnes.. in large quantities...

Seem the old guy who started it, became friends with Hodgdon, Hornady, Sierra owners way back when, as they
would come out to Nevada to hunt almost annually... So when they needed something, they just called up their
contacts and regardless of any "shortages' they still could get what they wanted...

The only primers that they had were CCI... they were deluxed out with Speers product line also...

of course the wall were full of old matty impressive animal mounts from decades ago..

I told the lady was is the elderly daughter of the guy who started the store, her selection beat any Cabelas or
Sportman's Warehouse I'd ever been in.. She told me about her dad knowing all of these people, but also
told me the majority of their business for all of these reloading supplies, were people passing thru...
or people who lived in Reno, down to Sacramento...

I think I spent 3 hours in that place...what a find... and a zillion miles off the beaten path..

addendum:

here's the place, http://www.rainesmarket.com/robert-j-catfish-raine---pilot.html

Last edited by Seafire; 09/20/17.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez