Originally Posted by hatari
According to the AJC, the GBQ found 3 suicide notes in Scout's residence. The screwed up kid played a stupid game and lost. Suicide by cop? Maybe. Screwed up kid intoxicated? Reports indicate that to be so.

Reading the local reports and knowing the GT Campus does bring some questions to mind.

1.) Colleges everywhere have to deal with drunk kids every weekend. This kid, even with the "weapon" he/she/they brandished was hardly a serious threat to anyone if you view the video. Tell me a big cop couldn't have walked up, grabbed his arm and cold cocked "Scout"? Honestly, my daughter could probably have "Scout" in a submission hold in about 3 seconds and she's 5'3 and pregnant right now.

2.) Begs the question which officer shot? Was it the FEMALE officer? If it was, she would have no inclination to disarm a drunk gender confused sissy. A She cop with an attitude would just shot. Might be wrong, but they won't release the name of the officer involved.

3.) Did this kid need shooting? Don't get me wrong, I am all for the use of lethal force when the situation calls for it. Try to break into my house if you want to see a practical application. I'm all for LEO's to have the right to protect themselves. I'm also going to hold them to decent standard of common sense. This kid was not a citywide threat for anything bigger than a panty raid. Whip out the Billy club, conk him on the head and drag him downtown and lock him up until he sobers up. Same with Ferguson. Sure, the belligerent bro started beating on the cop car. Roll up the window, drive off, call for back up. That didn't warrant whipping out the Glock. I have no sympathy for a blunt smoking convenience store robber, but Ferguson dude wasn't stopped for robbing the Quikie Mart, but for being in the road.

As a civilian, we will be held to a very high standard when it comes to using lethal force. Let's say you were on GT campus that evening for a game and Queer Boi starts advancing on you. If you plant one center mass on "they," you will have this question: "could you have backed away and avoided the confrontation"? If your back was to building or you're in alley or surrounded by other unfriendlies, you can shoot to kill and probably skate. If you could easily back away, then you're going to have some tough questions to answer and you might get charged.

4.) So what about cop training? What does the training say about Queer Boi surrounded by 4 Leo's, obviously intoxicated, that has been at a LGBTQ meeting/protest. Training says "whack him" even if you have him surrounded, or as he slowly advances on one, retreat and let the other 3 take "they" down?

Sorry, but there are drunks on campus ever weekend doing stupid chit. 99.9999% don't need shooting. I don' think this dude/dudette deserved to be plugged. OTOH, I just read were 2 employees that run a campus transportation bus at Auburn University raped a drunk chick. Girl goes out drinking, gets on the shuttle to take her home, and one ape rapes her while the other drove around randomly while his buddy was porking the girl. I wish she had a CCW and had ventilated them both.

My opinion. Yours may vary.

Hit a guy in the head with a baton/billy club, constitutes deadly force??