I am a slow learner. I have owned three Anschutz 54 Sporters. Two shot really well, the other not so much with the ammo tried. I sold all three for the same reason. That **** rollover comb is not walk about hunting friendly to me, and the Americanized stock had not been introduced.

A few years ago, I bought a Remington 511 (detachable magazine repeater) in a pawn shop for $40 in really nice condition. It is the same gun as the 541-S with a working man stock and a bit longer barrel. It shoots as good as the best of the 54 Sporters that I owned and way cheaper. I don't think this is unusual. An old beater 510 single shot that I inherited shoots just as well. A Junior Target 5??that I bought in the early 60s won a lot of local matches against Ballards, Stevens, and Winchesters. I would go with the Remington and spend the rest on ammo.

Good luck,

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero