My action is a beauty and they treated me right. It is as good as a custom because the bolt is matched to the receiver. Funny how one business gets slammed and another is idolized.

Last Mcmillan I got didn't fit after about a three/four month wait. Sent it back and they bedded it for free in two weeks. But the barrel channel was off much wider on one side than the other and rough too. I will re-bed with black epoxy & graphite and hope it matches well enough. I don't want to send it back as it already has two coats of paint and each coat adds about 2 ozs of weight. I should completely strip it and send it back but too much of a hassel and I want to shoot the thing this season.

Melvin Forbes guy lost my paper work and they painted the stock black instead of the camo I ordered. I told Melvin black is fine but he refused to ship it since it wasn't what I ordered. He had his stock guy strip it entirely and do the paint colors I wanted. He also insisted I send color samples as verbal or photos might not work. He matched the paint chips exactly.

I will do business again with all three and chalk up these experiences to chit happens.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli