I didn’t own a decent light weight bolt .22 so I went in search at the local pawn shops. Plan was to go look at a Rem 541-s that the owner said was clean over the phone. When I walked in the door I spied a svelte little mannlicher on the shelf. Turns out to be a fairly clean Anschutz 1418 mannlicher. Front sight and middle screw of the floor plate are missing along with some minor blue wear and light finish wear on the stock. For $750 after the governors cut it’s now mine.

So that said learn me up on scope mounts for the dovetail as this rifle isn’t drilled and tapped and I can’t see myself doing so. My thoughts are either a dedicated 11mm ring set, a 11mm to picatinny adapter or the BKL 11mm mount. Plan is probably a leupold 2.5-8 but I could be convinced to change my mind though I would want short and svelte for this application.

Any advise on mounts/rings is appreciated.

Oh and about that 541-s, I know less then little about them but this one has an engraved receiver and very nice wood, condition is high 90% of not better. They are asking $1300 but I know thy will sell it for $1000. It damn near came home with me.