Originally Posted by Nathan_McGhee
Well, I'd hoped to have this thing sorted out and ready to use for deer season this year, but unfortunately I've had to put this little rifle on hold today. I never did get the magazine system sorted out enough to be quite reliable. It worked 100%, about 95% of the time. crazy So i ordered a replacement factory magazine assembly from Springfield Sporters. (Great place by the way. Had the part 3 days after ordering, nearly new with slight edge finish wear and packed with ancient grease. $22 when numrich wanted $60.) The aftermarket triggerguard is smaller so the new-original needed to be inletted. While filing, the stock parted company from the vice, hit the shop floor, and shattered at the pistol grip. sick It was oil soaked and rotten inside. I'm surprised it didn't snap when I was shooting it. It's too bad, even though the grip was a little tight for my tastes, it was a beautifully figured stick. So, into the closet it goes until my finances allow purchasing a new stock blank.

A cryin' shame but you'll be better in the long run for it. Much better than shattering it while out hunting.

Hell...Reloading/Shooting are still my favorite things to do,besides play in the box the kids came in.................