My bride of 60 years is a gadget person. Some of them occasionally work as advertised. This drives me crazy, but.....

We basically paid for the three daughters' college degrees thusly: the girls had a job, we skipped vacations, we drove cars as much as 10 years, no frills in our purchases, I flipped nicer guns and even did pad jobs and stock work at night. The ladies graduated debut free. The result was that she never grumps about my gun habit, and views them as capital investments.

She recently suggested. That my vehicle needed to be replaced. (Hers is only 18 months old).

We are at the age to where the bedroom is not quite as important as it once was, but what pleasant memories we made in there.....

We still fuss at each other about Mickey Mouse stuff, but she realizes that some mates have far worse habits or "hobbies" than I have. Recently, I wanted to go dove shooting. She wanted to go see the youngest daughter and her family, especially the granddaughters. Compromise. I rode out to another daughter's and SIL's hunting property (about half way to younger daughter's place) with SIL. I shot birds for a day and a half. Bride picked me up about noon and we proceeded on the other 130 mile half of the trip.

Backing up a few years, right after the youngest graduated college. I was dispersing a dear cousin's estate for his kids. While making arrangements to sell a high end pickup truck, I happened upon a two year old Kawasaki Mule with 68 hours on the clock. It was at an auto dealers. Asking price was less than half of new. Bride and I were going down the highway between towns. I thought of a lawyer friend that likes hunting and called and left him a message about the Mule. When I hung up, bride asked me why I did not buy the Mule for myself. I had wrongly thought she would object. I called the dealer and bought it.

We both have our faults, but you got to love her............Ther is not a selfish bone in her body.

Last edited by jt402; 10/02/17.

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero