I wasn't really familiar with this gun until recently. The 450 Bushmaster craze in Michigan got lots of new guns going in this chambering. This was one of them. They also make it in 35 Whelen, 444 Marlin, 45-70, and a 22" barrel 44 magnum (without brake).

I picked up the 450 Bushmaster version from Cabela's for under $300 (with the $40 off sale they had a few weeks ago, and the 18% off gift cards from Ebay)

Another guy on a local forum bought one recently, and shot a cloverleaf 3 shot group at 100 yards with the Hornady factory ammo.

I just took it to the range today to work up loads for it. Got the Barnes 200's going 2850, and it loved the load, so I stopped there. There was a little more room for powder, and no pressure signs at all, so it probably could hit 3000 without too much effort.

It's a solid gun, that's for sure. Action locks up like a bank vault, and the stock is 100% ambidextrous. Also, the KDF brake is standard (and removable) on all the calibers except the 44 mag. Nice thing is also, they sell a compact stock that is 1" shorter, for hunters that need a shorter LOP.

Last 3 shots at 100 yards.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by KenMi; 10/02/17.