Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Johhny, you're loco.

If Ken Burns did a "documentary" about guns in America, and showed only the stories of mass shooters, anti-gun activists, and victims of Chicago violence, would that be a balanced, no liberal slant piece?

F no.

I don't think that is necessarily the case.. His documentary about the Civil War was pretty fair and balanced. If he did it with an ultra-libral slant, it would have been full of how evil the Southerners were, etc. It wasn't.

I also don't think the Viet Nam series was slanted very much left. Originally the people supported the war because we thought it was a clear case of monolithic communism trying to strangle a free country. But later this turned out not to be the case. Basically, the country turned against those who were mismanaging the war. I was living in Boston in the Spring of 1968 when Eugene McCarthy came out of nowhere to challenge Landslide Lyndon in the New Hampshire primary. The LBJ people got the idea to PAY veterans, in uniform, to campaign for LBJ in New Hampshire. This backfired when McCarthy got so many veterans to campaign for him FOR FREE that they had to turn away the help. It wasn't liberal vs. conservative. It was just the facts.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.