The truck is all packed and the trailer is stocked. I'll be leaving tomorrow to hunt pronghorns in Northpark. It took 16 points to draw the premium tag. I've taken several nice representative speed goat bucks over the years but no great champions. The 5 units in Northpark are managed to produce trophy bucks. So I hope that I will come home with a 'Booner this time. I scouted the area a couple of months ago and I saw lots of antelope and a handful of bucks that might be worth taking. I kept saying to myself "Give that guy a couple more months to grow those horns a little bit bigger and he just might be the one I'm looking for."

I'll be camping in that big meadow next to the Buffalo Pass road, just inside the Forest Service boundary. If anyone wants to stop by in the evening for a visit and a cup of coffee or maybe something stronger, you can look for a small white Casita travel trailer parked under the trees.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.