valad..there are many reputable smiths in the southeast and across this country.some are faster than others due to certain factors.it all depends on how in depth the build is.are you wanting coating on metal or stock paint.certain types of fluting on bolts or barrel.the smith ordering the components or doing it yourself.also how much do you want to spend for the work.i can personally recommend from my own experience a few smiths that have done me right and pretty much in the timeframe which they stated from the beginning.there are many good gunsmiths today.i go with the ones that also due as agreed upon and most importantly are honest and stand behind any issues that might come up if there is a issue with there work.have not had jon beanland do anything for me yet but have friends who have and his work is excellent and he has a phenominal reputation.i have had work done by clay spencer twice and he is right there in Virginia and his attention to detail on a rem 700 is as good or better than anything I have ever seen.i have had 6 different rems trued by 4 different smiths.all the rifles shot well by these different smiths.if I ever have another Remington trued up even if I'm having a different smith build the rifle I would send the action to clay for the work.he goes above and beyond any other I have seen in the details that can be seen and appreciated visually.