Originally Posted by djb
Anyone have firsthand experience with the Walther PPS M2?

I just got my Shield back from S&W for the second time for a FTE issue. I have no faith in this gun and its going down the road. I was looking at other options and the store owner pulled out this Walther. It’s kind of homely but the ergos felt great! It was the LE edition and had nice night sights and 3 mags. I have medium sized hands and the Shield always shot low left for me, probably because the trigger pull length was a little short (Right handed). I could shoot it well but had to really concentrate on pulling the trigger straight back and adjust my trigger finger placement. I have a feeling I would shoot this Walther very well.

Big question is how reliable is this weapon? Not many threads on it here and the You-Tube videos are kind of dorky. It would be my main cold weather CCW piece and it just has to be reliable; the Shield wasn’t. I’d appreciate any thoughts.

I had decided the M&P40C was the G27 killer, until the former started exhibiting FTF's with 170 grain Perfecta FMJ- with either magazine. Discovered the M&P's chamber was at minimum SAAMI specs and it needed more maintenance that the typical Glock. I'm looking hard at the PPS M2 .40 as a replacement for that and my LCP; so if any of you have fooled with the PPSM2 40, please chime in. Recoil is irrelevant to the discussion for my purposes.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ